Job Posted 4/8/19
Kupper Engineering, Inc. – Ambler, PA
About This Opportunity
Kupper Engineering, Inc. is a professional consulting engineering firm located in greater suburban Philadelphia, PA. Kupper Engineering provides superior, full service professional engineering and engineering support – from planning and design to implementation and commissioning. Our services include green energy, utilities, system integration, MEP/FP design, mission critical systems, and engineering studies.
Designing of electrical power distribution systems as well as instrumentation and controls.
Position Type: Full-time
Primary Duties Include:
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Computer Aided Drafting Quality Control
- Guided design development of Point-to-Point wiring diagrams
- Guided design of power distribution systems including: service entrance switchboards, engine generators, Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems, monitoring and controls systems, lighting and lighting control systems, fire alarm and security systems
- Utilize basic engineering principles and practical design solutions
- Assist with Project management to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Work with Clients, Managers and Engineers to coordinate project designs
- Work with sub-consultant(s) to coordinate trades
- Attend job meetings & coordinate activities as required
- Attend training as requested to further enhance your duties
- Complete and submit weekly paperwork (timesheets, expense reports, etc.)
- Short Circuit and protective device coordination studies using SKM power tools and ETAP
Occasional overnight stays and local day travel may be necessary. You will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the office and job sites. You will be reimbursed for business expenses such as tolls, parking and business-related mileage at a rate allowable by government standards. The expenses incurred traveling to and from the office are excluded from reimbursement.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will likely have the following qualities:
- Two to five years of experience
- Basic knowledge of electrical design concepts and techniques
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding initiative, well-organized and strong sense of responsibility
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with REVIT is an advantage
- Possess a strong awareness of current and emerging industry standards, vendors and technologies as they relate to the consulting engineering industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org