Kupper Engineering, Inc. – Ambler, PA
Job Posted 2/8/19
About This Opportunity
Kupper Engineering, Inc. is a professional consulting engineering firm located in greater suburban Philadelphia, PA. Kupper Engineering provides superior, full service professional engineering and engineering support – from planning and design to implementation and commissioning. Our services include green energy, utilities, system integration, MEP/FP design, mission critical systems, and engineering studies.
Reports to: COO/Controller
Position Type: Full-time
Primary Duties Include:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Responsible for new employee orientation including related forms and materials (welcome packet, IT on-boarding form, new employee files, etc.)
- Must be fully cognizant of all policies in the KEI Employee Handbook. Recommend changes to Employee Handbook. Maintain log of all changes made and signed employee receipts.
- Assist with benefits enrollment for new employee
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new employee drug and background checks
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork
- Assists with terminations and processes terminations paperwork
- Assists with disciplinary action and processes paperwork
- Prepares performance review forms, scheduling of reviews, and runs 360 peer review process
- Updates employee job descriptions as needed
- Assists COO with various research projects and/or special projects
- Assists with recruitment and interview process
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by COO
- Maintains current employee personnel files
- Runs employee of the quarter program
- Assists or prepares correspondence. Performs other duties as assigned including clerical functions as needed to support operations.
- Assists with phone coverage
- Submits weekly time sheets
Competencies and Skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Ethical Conduct – the individual maintains all HR matters, whether written or oral, in confidence.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Preferred Education and Experience
The successful candidate will likely have the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com