Kupper Engineering, Inc. – Ambler, PA
Job Posted 12/5/18
About This Opportunity
Kupper Engineering, Inc. is a professional consulting engineering firm located in greater suburban Philadelphia, PA. Kupper Engineering provides superior, full service professional engineering and engineering support – from planning and design to implementation and commissioning. Our services include green energy, utilities, system integration, MEP/FP design, mission critical systems, and engineering studies.
Position Type: Full-time
Primary Duties Include:
- Engineering site surveys and analysis
- Feasibility studies
- Load studies and energy analysis
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Computer Aided Drafting Quality Control
- Guided design development of HVAC Controls diagrams
- Detailed design of HVAC systems for commercial office buildings, central utility plants, mission critical facilities, etc. Responsible for all aspects including specifications, drawings, schedules, flow diagrams, piping diagrams. A basic knowledge of (commonly used) design concepts and techniques is expected.
- Detailed design of plumbing systems including drawings and specifications
- Perform equipment selections, load calculations, control diagrams, systems narratives, commissioning planning and execution, and creating specification documents
- Utilize basic engineering principles and practical design solutions
- Assist in the development and review of custom designs and sequences
- Develop and implement integrated systems testing procedures and commissioning
- Assist with Project management to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Work with Clients, Managers, and Engineers to coordinate project designs
- Work with sub-consultant(s) to coordinate trades
- Attend job meetings and coordinate activities as required
- Attend training as requested to further enhance your duties
- Complete and submit weekly paperwork (Timesheets, Expense Reports, etc.)
Occasional overnight stays and local day travel may be necessary. You will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the office and job sites. You will be reimbursed for business expenses such as tolls, parking and business-related mileage at a rate allowable by government standards. The expenses incurred traveling to and from the office are excluded from reimbursement.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will likely have the following qualities:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five to seven years of experience.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding initiative, well-organized and strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent computer knowledge and advanced skills using CAD and Microsoft Office applications are required.
- Experience with REVIT is an advantage.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org